19 Jan 22
It always seems that the minute you turn out the lights and close your eyes to go to sleep at night your psoriasis starts to flare up. The intense itching seems to come out of nowhere and prevents you from drifting off to slumberland. If you are lucky enough to fall asleep, that itchy feeling from your psoriasis can, and usually will wake you up.
No amount of scratching seems to provide you with relief from the intense nighttime itchiness of psoriasis. So, what can be done?
Several natural home remedies can provide you with relief from nighttime psoriasis itching. Try some of these natural home remedies for psoriasis and you will be on your way to enjoying a peaceful night’s sleep.
Why Does Psoriasis Itch?
Psoriasis causes the body’s immune system to overreact. When this happens, the body creates new skin cells at a rate that is faster than normal. The skin cells grow so fast that tiny silver or white patches, known as psoriasis plaques, develop on the body.
Your immune system tries to heal the patches of skin to protect you from infection. Part of the healing process involves the patches of skin becoming inflamed. The inflammation causes the patches of skin to become itchier.
Not everyone who has psoriasis experiences itching. However, the majority of people with psoriasis do. The National Psoriasis Foundation estimates that anywhere from 70-90% of people with psoriasis report experiencing some degree of itching.
Why is Psoriasis Itchier at Night?
<iframe width="560" height="317" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CiQXdaijzQY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Psoriasis is itchy during the day, but it seems it gets worse at night. Why does psoriasis itch at night?
There isn’t a direct answer as to why does psoriasis itch more at night, but there are some theories. The first theory is that irritation and inflammation accumulate throughout the day. At the end of the day, your body – in particular, the patches of skin from psoriasis – become so irritated and inflamed that you experience intense itching.
Another theory is that you are less distracted at night. Without distractions around you, you are more likely to notice the itching sensation.
The last theory is that your body tries to heal and restore itself while you sleep. While your immune system actively works during the evening to heal the patches of skin that developed due to psoriasis, you will experience inflammation and irritation. The inflammation and irritation cause you to experience an intense burning or itching sensation. It can get so intense that it keeps you up at night or wakes you from a peaceful night’s sleep.
What Relieves the Itching of Psoriasis at Night?
Just because itching is a common symptom of psoriasis that doesn’t mean that you have to suffer. There are several ways you can soothe itchy psoriasis skin.
The following are some examples of the best treatment for psoriasis especially if you experience itching at night:
- 1. Keep your bedroom cool – the cool temperature in the bedroom can provide some relief for psoriasis symptoms
- 2. Create a relaxing bedtime routine – the more stressed you are at night, the more likely your psoriasis symptoms are to flare up. Engaging in relaxing activities, such as drinking tea, meditating, or reading, right before bed can help your de-stress.
- 3. Choose comfortable sleepwear– cotton sleepwear is not only comfortable, but it is light enough that it won’t rub or irritate psoriasis plaques
- 4. Moisturize – the drier your skin, the itchier you will feel. Before heading to bed make sure that you use a moisturizer, so your skin won’t dry out during the night. If you are worried about the moisturizer getting on the sheets, you can wear socks or cotton gloves. This will keep the moisturizer directly on the skin and prevent it from rubbing onto your sheets.
- 5. Remove allergens and other irritants from your room – keeping your bedroom and home free of allergens and irritants, such as dust, dander, and smoke can help your itching by eliminating potential things that can cause your skin to become inflamed and irritated.
- 6. Take a warm bath – the warmth of the water can soothe and hydrate your psoriasis plaques
- 7. Stay hydrated throughout the day – drinking approximately eight glasses of water a day will keep you hydrated throughout the night. If you remain hydrated at night, you are less likely to experience irritation and inflammation of the psoriasis plaques
What is the Best Way to Treat Psoriasis Fast?
Warm baths, staying hydrated, and keeping your bedroom cool at night are all great at helping you to quickly relieve itching caused by psoriasis. Doing these things only soothes the itching, it doesn’t stop it. That is why it is important to focus not only on quickly relieving psoriasis itching but finding a way to manage symptoms long term.
What is the Best Home Remedy for Psoriasis That Provides Long-Term Symptom Relief?
The best home remedy for long-term relief from psoriasis symptoms is the Prosoria Psoriasis Treatment System. Prosoria is the best home remedy for psoriasis symptoms because it does three things. It conditions, moisturizes, and soothes. When all three things are done together, you not only stop the immediate itching, but you transform your skin, so you are less likely to experience a recurrence of psoriasis symptom flare-ups.
What makes Prosoria so unique is that it is a daily treatment that specifically targets the common symptoms of psoriasis such as flaking, itching, redness, irritation, and scaling.
The Prosoria Psoriasis Treatment System Works By:
- • Hydrating and Conditioning – hydrating and conditioning the skin so it is in optimum condition for treatment
- • Treating–providing relief from itching and irritation, but over time this gel helps you maintain clearer skin.
- • Moisturizing and Exfoliating– gently remove dead skin cells while hydrating and moisturizing your skin, restore the appearance and texture of your skin.
With the Prosoria psoriasis treatment system, you also get a specialized ointment that is uniquely designed to help repair and restore the skin during the night. The Prosoria Rapid Repair Skin Exfoliating Ointment provides extra exfoliating and moisturizing that helps soothe and repair your skin.
Its success at relieving symptoms isn’t the only reason why Prosoria is considered the best home remedy for psoriasis. It is considered the best home remedy because of its ability to treat psoriasis symptoms naturally.
All products used in the Prosoria Psoriasis Treatment System contain all-natural ingredients that are specifically chosen for their ability to relieve symptoms and improve the appearance and texture of your skin. Our Prosoria Psoriasis Treatment System uses a scientifically advanced formula that includes clinical strength and natural pro-botanical ingredients such as Shea Butter, turmeric, curcumin, bromelain, Vitamin E, and Salicylic Acid.
Don’t spend another sleepless night fighting the intense itching from your psoriasis. Purchase Prosoria Psoriasis Treatment System today and you may be able to see improvements in your psoriasis symptoms in 2 to 6 weeks.